Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Lucas :: 10 months

written Tuesday, October 14th. 

Happy TEN MONTHS, my son!  You are growing up quicker than ever and your little personality is starting to shine.  Every day you show us something new you love.  Yesterday you learned to clap and you've been pointing at everything and squealing with delight. You are so darn proud of yourself as you can walk around the coffee table with quite speed these days.  Eating Cheerios is your jam, and I'm pretty sure you'd eat the whole box if we didn't cut you off (and if Sadie didn't eat half your stash).
I love to watch your little mind process all of the new things you encounter. Opening and shutting the kitchen cabinets entertains you for quite some time.  You've mastered opening drawers, too. New people and large groups are very entertaining to you, but you'd like to stick with your mama and take it all in before you run free.  

As far as sleep and schedule go, it has been nice that you have become quite flexible.  School (what we call daycare) days are much different than weekends, but you seem go with the flow very well.  You still breastfeed in the morning and evening, and have 2 pumped bottles during the day.  One of my favorite times with you is in the middle of the night (well, about 4am), when you are so sleepy and cuddly.  I usually end up rocking you for a while, not because you need it, but because your mama does.  I know you don't need to get up then, but I guess I'm still holding onto our little moment for a little longer. :)

Weight: Not sure, although you seem to have grown up a lot this month. 
Length: 

Diaper Size: 4's, but considering switching to 5's very soon.

Clothes Size:  Definitely 12-18 month clothes now.  It's officially chilly so we've broken out the warm weather clothes.

Hair Color: Strawberry blonde.

Eye color: Blue.

Health: I'm so grateful to report an uneventful month in this category.  You have been your happy, healthy self and I could not be more thankful.

Eating:
You've definitely upped the food intake this month and we're working on introducing more and more "finger food" soon. Typically you have about 4-5 ounces for breakfast, 6 ounces for lunch and dinner. Plus cheerios a few times throughout the day for practice feeding yourself and because you absolutely love it.

Milestones:
Standing between furniture (transferring while walking)
"Da Da"
Pointing 
Clapping

Your favorite toy:
Anything that makes a sound… banging blocks, the door stop, the air vent, drawers, cabinets.  Also anything you can pull up on… chairs, tables, drawers, stairs.  Yeah, all the dangerous stuff.  I think you would LOVE a musical toy, so we’ll probably look at getting you something like that soon :) (Ya, I know what I’m getting myself into…)

Firsts:
"Da Da"
Pineapple
Puffs

You make your dad and I so very proud.  Love you to pieces!

Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment