Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Lucas :: 11 Months

Lucas
11 months

written Friday, November 14th. 
One month and you'll be a whole year old.  Being your mom is just THE best.  I went in your room this morning to get you up (6:15am) and you were just standing and talking to yourself, happy as could be.  I can not help but smile when I am with you!  As I reached down to lift you out of your crib, you cooed and threw yourself back down on the mattress, rollled over and grinned at me.  I just LOVE you so stinkin much, my man.  

Your mind is growing and I love watching you learn new things.  You can touch your head when we ask you to, clap your hands when we say "yay!" or "clap!", you will point to you ball and say "ba!!", because it is one of your favorite toys. Mimicking our voices is fun for you, too.  You can smack your lips, click your tongue, blow "bubbles" (aka, fart noises), mama, dada, baba (top fave), jaja, nana... We are starting to see your naughty side, as you try to touch the curtains while eating in your high chair, and I can see in your eyes that you know that's a no-no.  Recognizing words like "cheerios", "bath", "bye-bye", and others astonish me each day. 

My favorite, favorite of all this month is your love for the book, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear".  If I ask you if you want to read a book, you will search the room for a book, then bring it to me, sit on my lap, and wait for the story.  If you have choices, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" is always top of the list.  Your dad and I read this book to you multiple time a day, each time stopping on the goldfish as you pucker your lips like a fishy.  Heart. Explodes. GAH!

Weight: Not sure.
Length: 

Diaper Size: 4's, but considering switching to 5's very soon.

Clothes Size:  Definitely 12-18 month clothes now.  It's officially chilly so we've broken out the warm weather clothes. Hats are just the CUTEST.

Hair Color: Looking more blonde, less strawberry.

Eye color: Blue.

Health: Other than a bout with pink-eye and a few bumps and bruises, all is well!

Eating: Your love for all food is still running strong.  Cheese is a new added favorite, and it seems you can't get enough.  You much prefer solid food to breast milk, but you are still getting a few bottles a day and will have about 1 good nursing each day, too.

Milestones:
First word-- BA! (Ball)

Your favorite toy:
"Brown Bear, Brown Bear"
"The Littlest Puppy"
Stacking Cups (and you stack them now!)
Anything that you can push across the floor :)

Firsts:
Blowing kisses!
Fat lip :( (You had a tumble when walking with your wagon)

This year has been my favorite of all.  You're just the best, Lucas.
Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment