Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Breakfast to go.

In my attempt to be organized, I like to plan out what I'm going to pack in my breakfast/lunches over the weekend, that way all I have to do is grab and go in the morning.  I haven't gotten back into this kick this year until this week.  I usually pack the same thing each day (I'm a routine kinda person) :) so it's easy to plan a whole week.  I find that it's generally cheaper that way, too.

I came across the idea of a Breakfast Quiche a while back, and decided this would be a great way to grab and go, and still be healthy!  It was SUPER easy to make.

Breakfast Quiche

Ingredients:
2 containers Egg Beaters (equivalent to 14 eggs)
1 package frozen Spinach
1 pepper, diced
1 cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
Dash of Hot Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Microwave the spinach until thaw.  Stir in eggs, veggies and cheese.  Pour into Pam-sprayed muffin tin and bake 20-25 minutes at 325 degrees.




I made a second batch of these for J using real eggs, adding bacon and more cheese. For his I used the jumbo muffin tray.  I think they would be yummy with mushrooms, garlic, and salsa, too.

They are great to freeze, microwave and grab for the car to work.
Enjoy!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment