Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Photo Challenge.

One of the "things" on my "27 things before 27" is to take more pictures, one a day, actually.  So far, I've failed miserably at this goal.  I don't know why it's been so hard for me to remember to take my phone out and document some of my days! I'm not one to take a lot of pictures, but I'd sure like to be, so I'm trying out a little self-made challenge.  Inspired by other blogger's renditions of similar challenges, each month will have a new theme, and my goal is to take one picture a day that relates to the month's theme.  Then, in order to knock off another "thing", (to post more on this blog!) I will recap each week here on the blog.

November: Gratitude
December: Joy
January: New
February: Love
March: Lucky
April: Celebrate

I'm thinking of using Instagram, even though I currently am not an Instagrammer.  I saw somewhere this week that Instgram users has now overtaken the number of Facebook and twitter users (of course I don't remember where I saw this, so who knows if it is valid!), so there must be something to be said for this Instagram hype.

If you're on Instagram, explain to me "following" (that's what you call it, right?!). If you're following me, will I know it? Can I follow you back? How do I make sure weirdos aren't following me? Is it bad to share my username?

Thanks for understanding my stupid.  This is bringing me back to the days of sharing my screen name with my 7th grade BFFs. And to be honest, it kind of freaks me out.  I'm closing my eyes and jumping in. Now, let's be Instagram friends, K?

-m

2 comments:

  1. If someone follows you, it will tell you. Set your account to private, I'm sure it is in the settings somewhere, and then they will have to request to follow you. That way you can keep it to only people you know or accept. Because I'm not sure how to block people from following you.

    I love instagram. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with Instagram as you can probably tell. I've been doing a Photo a Day challenge since May which has been pretty fun. If you search for @Fatmumslim on Instagram she has daily topics every month. Some of them are a little weird, but usually they are kind of fun. It is also really fun to search for the hashtag #fmsphotoaday to see how different people interpret the different topics!

    ReplyDelete