Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Move it Monday: 5 weeks left!

Wow, time is flying! There are only 5 weeks (really more like 4 and a half) until the Rock the Parkway 1/2 Marathon.  When I signed up for this race in September (nothing like 6+ months to procrastinate prepare for another race) my only goal was to finish. Now, I'd like a PR. Maybe 2:10??? We shall see.  I got a little bored of running throughout December and January, but I'm happy that I've caught the bug again and am feeling more motivated to hit the concrete.

Last week I managed a 4 mile run (at a PR for me! 9:15 pace), Ballet Booty (my last class as the instructor is moving to Paris, touche'), a 1 mile (yes, one) trail run that ended early due to soaking wet, frozen feet, and topped it off on Saturday with a 10-mile morning run. I'm trying to step it up knowing I'll be off my routine for a little while.

In hopes of staying on top of training throughout the next 5 weeks, I've decided to sign up for a 10 mile race on April 6th, one week before the big race.  I did this race last year and was so incredibly proud that I even finished without dying, or walking.  You guys, I finished LAST. No joke.  So, I'm thinking I should go back and redo that one, even it's just for a second-to-last position. :)

Looking at the forecast, it looks like afternoon outdoor runs are in the future! I couldn't be happier.  This is our last month at our gym, and I've learned two things.  1. I'm not a treadmill gal.  2. I really enjoy yoga. I'd definitely join again, but I much prefer to be outdoors.

Linking up with Ashley!

No comments:

Post a Comment