Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Avocado Tuna Salad

Disclaimer: I promise that this tastes better than it looks.

I get in food ruts.  I'm pretty sure I've talked about this before, but I like to eat the. same. thing. for days.  Maybe even months.  Well, it's time to switch 'er up!  I've been trying some new lunch recipes that will be easy, healthy, and will last for a few days.

I saw a recipe in a magazine (either AllYou or Woman's Day... EEK!, can't remember...) for a Tuna Salad VERY similar to this.  I just didn't have all the ingredients, so this is my version.  I would describe it as Tuna Guacamole. Delish.

Recipe:
1 12 oz. can tuna (Chicken would probably taste fine, too)
1 ripe avocado, diced
1/2 Red Pepper, diced
1/2 c. red onion, diced
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp. Miracle Whip
1-2 Tbsp. Dill (fresh would be best)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Servings: 4

If you like a little spicy kick, some cayenne or hot sauce would be tasty as well!  

I ate this on a piece of toast, with crackers, with veggies, and just by itself. 
Enjoy!
-m

1 comment:

  1. It sounds yummy! I'm going to have to try that. I love anything with avocado! :o)

    ReplyDelete