Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Deals and Steals.

I have mixed feelings about back to school shopping.

Part of me has a sinking feeling in my stomach when  I see the stores lined with piles of fresh paper and markers, but another part (ok, the bigger part) is giddy with excitement!  I've always loved getting new school supplies, writing my name on all of it, organizing it... ok, am I the only crazy one???  I guess that's partly when I chose to go to school... forever :)

Anywho, there are TONS of great deals around this time of year on school/office supplies.

Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, I don't need many supplies this year.  However, in a recent trip to Walgreens, I scored 25 flexible rules for $0.24 each!  Rarely are you allowed to get more than 5 of any sale item, so I was stoked.  Bonus-- Flexible = non-breakable = not as swordlike = less battles in the classroom.  Follow?

In the same clearance section, I scored some large paper travel maps (local and US).  I'm hoping to frame the one of the US to pin the places the Hubs and I travel together.  (Any idea how to age paper?  Coffee??)
This link has tons of adorable similar idea

The others, I hope to do something like this:
places we love

places we've lived
Hope you're having a great week!
-m

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I have some old maps from a garage sale and had no idea what to do with them. This is perfect. Thanks, Meaghan!

    ReplyDelete