Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas 2011.

So I'm a little behind.  This "break" will be known in my memory as the Christmas Tornado.  WHEW!  I can't believe how much we have squeezed into just under 2 weeks.  I tried my best to document the whirlwind, so we'll start with Christmas.  It was beautiful, and perfect.

Wednesday:  J and I celebrated our own Christmas on the Wendnesday, the 22nd, with some Chili's to go and DVR. This is Sadie before she got to open her stocking.  She loves Santa.

And... after about 5 minutes, she had already destroyed one of 2 gifts.  I think she felt sorta guilty. 


J got a new Xbox (yay..... )



I'm so bad about taking picutres of my own experience.  J got me a coffee grinder, some coffee, a super warm snow hat, and my favortie gift of all- NEW RUNNING SHOES!  I love love love the shoes, and I'm just sure they will take me running.  Like every day.  I actually broke 'em in yesterday to kick start the new year. Thanks, babe!

Thursday: We headed to KC to see some good friends.  Good friends = good times.

Friday: I caught up with some old roomates for some lunch and good conversation, then spent the night walking around the Plaza enjoying the season.

Saturday: CHRISTMAS EVE! This year I've learned that although this time of year is craaaazy, it's also so special.  I really love each and every moment we spend with our loved ones, and how lucky are we to have so many loving family members in our lives.  I spent the morning with my mom- a quick morning jog (the weather was FAB!) and did a little cooking.  J and I headed to his parents for a bruch/lunch/eat all day fest.  It was divine.

This is Ava.  What more could a girl want- she's got her tutu and a toothbrush!


We sat around and sang Christmas carols before we opened presents.  J and his mom played the piano and we sang-- this might be my favortie moment all day. 

We left J's parent's house just in time to stop back by my parent's house for my dad's side of the family's Christmas Eve.  More food, presents, family fun! :)  We ended the night at the Christmas Eve service at church.  

Sunday: CHRISMTAS DAY! Santa came to my parent's house.  He was good to me. 

I wish I had more pictures of this day.  After our morning with my immediate family, we headed to my Aunt's house to celebrate with my mom's side of the family.  We played "Left, Right, Center" and "Apples to Apples" for some Xmas gifts, and laughs, of course.  Before we knew it, we packed up and headed home for a night, only to pack for our trip to San Antonio! More on the to come...

Merry (late) Christmas! It was a great one, 2011.
-m

1 comment:

  1. you guys really were crazy busy these last couple of weeks! i hope you're relaxing today before you have to start back at school :)

    ReplyDelete