Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Road Trip 2011: Day 2


This little Czech bakery was popular with those we talked to in Fort Worth, so we decided to stop and check (ha!) it out....

The line was crazy long.  Honestly, I wasn't the slightest bit hungry, but I couldn't pass up all the excitement.  I had a peanut butter cookie and some sort of cheesy roll.  I wish I had bought 200 peanut butter cookies-- no joke.
We passed through Austin just in time for lunch.  I used my trusty iPhone to track down some good eats.  Anyone used the Oink app?  I think it's good... just needs more users :)  It suggested some food trucks and some other downtown restuarnts.  We settled on "Frank".



Next stop, San Marcos.  I knew when we planned this trip, that PotterBarn Outlet was a must.  I dreamed of this place.  Good news: It. was. glorious. Bad news: I bought NOTHING. I blame being overwhelmed... and my small car, and even smaller bank account.  

There were about 5 million people shopping.  Assumingly, each with their own car.  Yeah........ J loved this stop :)

Every section looked like this... it was FILLED!
Those sofas were so cheap!  I mean like under $1000 for a sectional.  For those mathletes out there, that nearly 75% off people. It's probably good I don't live close to this place... 

We left that place with only one stop to go!

After a slight wrong turn... oops, we made it!  Our hotel was located right on the river walk, so we could walk nearly anywhere we wanted to go.  The city looked absolutely gorgeous.  The best part?  We ate outside both nights and enjoyed the lights.



More to come!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment