Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Gratitude.

 "Thank you".  Sometimes it's just those two simple words that can make or break your day.  After this week, I got to thinking about how important it is to let people know that you appreciate them.  Not it a big, overt, over-the-top, I bought you flowers, and a fancy car kind of way, just, "hey, thanks".

Thanks for opening the door for me.
Thanks for the reminder.
Thanks for taking out the trash.
Thanks for showing up on time.
Thanks for doing your homework on time (it's possible!).
Thanks...

You get the picture.

I think this has something to do with our need for acknowledgement.  To know that someone noticed you care.  Not surprisingly, I recently took the Love Language Quiz, which revealed my language is "Words of Affirmation".   (I love these kinds of psychology-type tests!).  This means this is how I like to receive love, but not necessarily how I give love.  Why is it so hard to remember to positively affirm one another sometimes?  

Not only does it feel good when someone is thankful for you, but it feels so so good to let other people know you are thankful for them.  Like a weight off your back.  

I need to work on that, too.

Now, I know I'm a big sappy mess in this post, but I just felt like spilling the beans today... er, my thoughts.  On that note, thank you to all my friends and family.  I am truly blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment