Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Diet Coke.


Today marks the 100th day that I've been Diet Coke free!  I hadn't been counting, but was curious a few days ago, and it turned out to be so close to 100 that I figured that was worth celebrating... or mentioning at least.

On a whim one day I decided to give something up (not really a whim; it was lent, but I, personally have never participated in Lent until this year).  I had consistently drank about 5 cans of diet coke per week for a very, very long time.  I had a feeling it was affecting my health, and I knew it wasn't the BEST idea to drink pop, but I kept telling myself that it was "okay" because it's diet.  Also, I recently read this after I saw it linked on Pinterest.

I still don't think it's bad to have a pop now and then, but I just haven't really wanted or craved it after I made it 40 days!  I know I'll drink one again, occasionally.  It's nice to know that I don't NEED a diet coke.  And really, it doesn't really do anything for me except make bubbles in my tummy.  So now when I'm really thirsty for something of a treat, I drink a beer. Sorry, mom. :)

On a different note, I'm hoping to get back into project posting soon.  I have some DIY projects planned for the summer (which BTW, started yesterday!).  I accidentally left my computer at my parents, which has only meant I've had more time for Real Housewives and The Bachelorette laundry and cleaning.  I'm anxious to catch up on some blogs!

Hope you're having a good week!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment