Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes.

Sometimes it's hard for me to find a reason to put all my life mumbo jumbo out there in blog land.  I sort of feel like I'm talking to myself.  At the same time, even if it is just me writing to myself, I hope that in some way, either through the act of writing it out in words, or perhaps going back someday and re-reading my thoughts, that it will all make sense.  Or maybe someone out there really does read this, and maybe it will useful for them, too. Who knows! Anyway, enough la de da about why I write this, and on to the meat and potatoes. :)

I like lists.  For some reason, it's easier to write a list, than to form sentences that turn into paragraphs. I've hinted that life around here has been a little crazy, so here's a list of some changes goin on in this place.  Rollin' with the punches, peeps.

1. Quit job.   It's probably been the most difficult decision I've ever made.  I left a job that I loved more than a job, for an opportunity to be closer to my family and for more opportunities for J to find a long-term, more permanent position.  I am so so so thankful for my time at my old school, and I miss it so much. I never thought it'd be so hard to leave!

2.  New Job. Yep, new school, new kiddos, new colleagues and bosses. I'm teaching 7th grade now, and I must say, I love these kids!!!! I taught 8th grade in the past, and although it's not much different, I enjoy how these babies (they're so little!) eat up my cheesy tactics to get their attention.  My new colleagues have been so so helpful, and I already feel like a part of the new school.  It's completely overwhelming starting over with a new curriculum, people, community, school, etc. but I like the challenge in a way.


3. Selling house. Ugh.  This comes with the new job.  I also love love loved our "new" house.  Unfortunately we only got to live there for a little over one year, and here we are moving again.  I will miss our first place.  We've loved making it our home, and it's hard to say goodbye to that place, too.  Not to mention, um, how do you sell a house? Yeah... we're working on that, too. Oy.

4. Moving cities. J and I moved back to my "home town", although my family does not live there anymore.  We've always known we'd move back "home" to be closer to our families, but this came about quicker than we both imagined.  I'm so excited to be closer to my nieces and new nephew on the way, and to be able to see some friends that I haven't gotten to see much of in the past few years.  We'll be doing less driving, which will be nice, but we're definitely going to be visiting friends in both places often!


5. Living with parents. Mmhmmmmm. Like I said before, so thankful for this.  Don't know how we'd do it without them!  They're so nice to put up with us, our dog, and oh yeah, all our stuff :) Thanks guys!

Growing up is hard.  Harder than grown-ups ever let young people know about.  I feel great about our life in transition, but I'm definitely feeling like a grown-up with all these big decisions.  I'm doing my best to stay optomistic, and to realize how lucky we are for all of these opportunities. 

-m 




4 comments:

  1. Yay! You are not talking to yourself...I have been checking your blog compulsively over the past few months and was getting tired of the earrings pics :) So happy for you two - praying the house sells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the what?!?!?! I'd heard through the grapevine that you were undergoing a career change. How wonderful! I always wanted to switch from the Topeka classroom to a KC classroom. So excited for your adventure! Hope the house sells QUICK! Its a cute one, so that shouldn't be a problem :) Keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read every post, duh!

    I miss you, dear friend. Shall we schedule a date soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your life changes sound like what my husband and I may possibly go through! We are thinking of moving to his small hometown! It is such a scary decision! Too many things to consider and worry about!

    ReplyDelete