Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fall Photo Dump.

I've never really been a fan of the hot weather.  And as we all know, this summer was brutal.  The best part about a brutal summer?  It sure makes fall seem extra awesome.  I've been doing my best to soak it all in for as long as it lasts. 
Where I'm living now, I see hot air balloons all of the time.  This one looks far away, but I could see the people inside from this close! I've always wondered what it would be like to ride it up a balloon on a crisp fall morning. I'd be paranoid a strong gust of wind would tip that basket right over though.... 

 Fall = soup.  Has anyone else see these Andy Worhol inspired Campbell's soup cans?  I'm sure everyone in Target thought I was nutso for taking pictures of soup cans, but it's the little things.  I just want to rip off all those labels and.... yeah, I haven't gotten that far.  Love 'em, though.

We took our niece to the Cider Mill last weekend, and although she didn't have the best time, we sure loved the donuts and cider slush.  I want to find an apple orchard to visit, but I haven't heard of any around here.  Anyone?


After 500 miles (what the what?@!) in my trusty Christmas present shoes from J, I got myself some new kicks.  I've been researching like crazy trying to find the best-rated, most-liked, most-colorful, best-priced, longest-lasting..... etc. shoes EVER.  J thinks I'm crazy.  I overthink things like this to the nth degree and always end up going with my first choice anyways.  I just have to make absolutely sure that there is no other better option out there.  These are the same shoe I had before, but the updated version, which is slightly more colorful.  I was refitted and went up 1/2 a size.  So far, so good.  



First race of the season, a 10K.  I hadn't been training as much as I had hoped due to massive amounts of life changes, but I'm pretty proud of my finish! The course was great, and the weather was great.  I was so glad J came with me and met me at the end of the race.  Loved it.

It hadn't rained in like 3 months, then it decided to rain for 5 minutes on my drive home from work.  This happend.  HUH?! I was so confused on what to do, I just laughed and kept going.  

A new-found trail that makes my day everytime I'm on it.  

Boom! I know I've been talking about running a lot lately on this blog, but I'm loving training for the 1/2 marathon.  I NEVER thought I would say that. It has seriously relaxed me and been the best de-stresser I could have wished for during this crazy transition in life.  I whipped this out a week ago.

The next day, Monday, I got my first cold of the school year.  I'm surprised it hadn't happened earlier.  This weekend is looking to be a good one- good times catching up with my bestie last night, and a long run with her this morning as well (she's like a beast-- pregnant and running a 1/2!)- tonight a date night, and tomorrow the football game with some great friends I haven't seen in a while. 

Hope your weekend is a great one!
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment