Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Hamburger Cupcakes.

A couple of weekends ago we celebrated my brother-in-law's birthday.  When I heard they were grilling for dinner, I knew this would be a perfect time to try out the hamburger cake I had been wanting to make.  I started thinking about how I would put a giant hamburger cake together, and opted for the smaller version, cupcakes.

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix (prepared as directed)
1 box brownie mix (I added chocolate chunks)
powdered sugar
1 stick butter
milk
vanilla extract
white sprinkles

Bake the brownies and cupcakes and let cool.

Cut each cupcake in half, then place the brownie on the bottom half. My brownies were squres... Wendy's style.


Pipe the red and yellow icing on each brownie.  I made an easy icing and then used a plastic bag that was cut at the corner to pipe the "ketchup and mustard"

Ta-Da!  I brushed a small bit of water on the top of each cupcake before putting the sprinkles on to help them stick. (Don't mind the vacuum in the backgroud... hey, at least we clean!)

I also cut up some sugar cookies to make "french fries".  Can't have hamburgers without fries!
Enjoy!
-m

3 comments: