Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Rainbow Cupcakes

I made these quite a while ago for one of my co-worker's birthday's.  It was really quite simple, and super fun to do!  Nothing like a little rainbow to brighten your day at 9:30 AM in team meeting.  The mega amount of sugar never does wrong either.

Since making these, I've seen some photos around the web of other variations of entire cakes, or of 3 or 4 shades of the same color. (The greens for St. Patty's were particularly adorable...)  I think next time I try this I might stick with one color and then do up to 4 shades.  Six colors was maybe too many...

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
food coloring (I used a combo of neon and regular)
basic buttercream frosting

I apologize for the phone pics... I'm still working on my photo skills :)

Now, to the good stuff.
Divide the batter evenly, then add food coloring.

Pretty. Pretty.

I stuck with a white frosting.  Mostly because I used all of the food coloring I could scrounge up in the batter.

Yeah, they are that big.

YUM.
-m

1 comment: