Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Birthday Trip- Weston, MO.

I celebrated my 25th birthday (with the help of MANY loved ones!) on Monday. My husband surprised me with a Saturday trip that he planned all out.  One word: perfection.

By far, my favorite gift is the gift of experience.  I love to go places and do things that I know I will remember forever.  This day was definitely one I will never forget.

I know J knows me so well, because this day included all of my favorite things! We headed out of town (after a quick stop at the local Farmer's Market) and drove to Weston, Missouri.  I had heard of this town, but had never visited it before this day.  The town is super tiny, and quaint.

We stopped for lunch a local burger joint for cheeseburgers and onion rings before heading to the annual antique fair!!!! J had done his research, and knew that this was the one weekend where all the local vendors showed their goods.  I was in heaven.  Pictures start at this moment:
I loved the canisters and jar caddy.
this went on for five aisles of awesomeness....



LOVE this farmhouse table.

We walked over to this local winery where we tasted multiple delicious wines.  We walked away with only one bottle... but I have a feeling we'll be back soon for some more :)


 There was a beautiful terrace outside the winery.

We walked literally across the road to the local brewery where we took a guided tour.  It was so neat to hear about the history of the town, and to tour the 100 year old brewery! The old brewery is now an Irish pub with local music playing each night.  The pub is built underground in the old cellars-nearly 6 stories underground!  Below are some pictures of our tour through the cellars.  At the end of the tour, we sampled six beer and chatted with some other tourists.


Doing his Irish Jig :)
looking down into the pub

visiting the empty cellar


I am so grateful for this awesome day!  It truly will be one I remember forever.  I'm already counting down to the next birthday :) No pressure, hubs.

-m

No comments:

Post a Comment