Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Move it Monday.

My super-fab friend TheDomesticWannabe has been participating in "Move it Monday" for quite some time now.  Watching her reach her health and fitness goals and post all about has been so motivating to me!  (so proud of you, girl!)   I've talked about running quite a bit on this blog, but I've never "linked up" with Move it Monday... until now! Now that my blog is all spiffed up (by her!), I figured I'd do my best to join in.  Not only do I hope this helps keep me motivated, but I hope that others join in and motivate each other as well.
That's us before the 1/2, dark and early!
Did I mention my BFF is pregnant?  Yeah.... she's no joke.
To be honest, I'm in a bit of an awkward place with fitness.  I've reached my goal to run 3 miles (back in January), then 5, 6, 8, 10 and have just finished my SECOND half marathon two weeks ago.  Writing that just now, I think, really? Did I do that?  It really is awesome, and I'm proud, but I'm not done.  Running has absolutely given me so much pride and strength, and I really can't imagine my 26th year of life without it.

So what's awkward? I'm not quite sure what to do next.  I've toyed with the idea of a full marathon.  Justin and I both started training, and even picked one out to do in February.  I scheduled all of the workouts, and began training, but it just wasn't there.  I'm not ready for it, and neither is he.  Not yet, anyway.  I don't want to train in the FREEZING cold, and I don't have a lot of extra time on my hands this time of year.  Excuses, excuses.
1/2 #2

So, we joined a gym!  I haven't actually been yet, because of course its now 65 degrees in December. I've stuck with my comfort zone of the pavement, but I plan to try a few classes this week and see what I think.  They have a cycle class and some other strength-type classes that look fun.  We'll see!

My goal is to maintain a 10 mile run every other weekend, with maintenance runs and cross-training classes in-between.  I've already signed up for a 1/2 marathon in March and am looking forward to beating my PR time of 2:19!

Until next time (which is hopefully next Monday......... ) :)
-m


1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with you not wanting to train for a marathon in the dead of winter (even though it isn't cold quite yet)! I think Dani is planning on running this marathon in April, and I might also! http://www.olathe.org/sports/marathon/

    I will try to get a post up about my marathon training either later today or next Monday :)

    ReplyDelete