Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Move it Monday.

Linking up again with Ashley for Move it Monday.

Two new additions to my workouts this week included my attempt at a Barbell Strength class at my gym, and some sprint training with J.  I'm happy to report that I've survived both!

Luckily, I found a very nice woman who was able to help me set up for the strength class because ohmygawd you need a bajillion things for that class (weights, clips, step, riser, and the list goes on...).  Even though I was only lifting a maximum of 10 pounds for the whole class, my legs reminded me of those 10 pounds for the rest of the week.  I'll definitely be back again this week.

Sprint training included a 1 mile warm-up and then 3% incline and 5 sets of 60 seconds at 8.5mph followed by 2 minutes at 3.5mph.  Pretty sure I looked like a fool trying to run that "fast", BUT I did it!  I planned to end with a mile run at the end, but the woman on the treadmill next to me proceeded to tell the woman next to her how she had just gotten over the flu.  If you know me, you know I'm a freak about this kind of talk so I high-tailed it out there and then took a bath in hand-sanitizer in my car.  I wish I was kidding....

I also fit in another ballet booty class, and a short trail run this week and ended the week with a 6.5 mile run (wish it were longer, but I was boooored).
via

Here's to keeping it up this week.  PS- I just ate a cookie (and some dough).

Have a good week!
-m

2 comments:

  1. Laughing about the cookie dough, haha. I love that picture, it's so true and something I always need reminding of.

    I cannot blame you for sprinting out of the gym... nobody wants the flu!

    Are you doing the intervals to increase your speed? I would love to increase my speed but I'm unsure of how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rockin' it Meg. I love barbell. Can't wait to get back into it post baby.

    Oh, and now I really want some cookie dough.

    ReplyDelete