Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

What's in my {grocery} bag?


I've mentioned this before, but I'm one of those people who strives off of a routine.  The less decisions I have to make each day, the less stressed and more controlled I feel.  Therefore, I eat basically the same thing nearly every day.  I may sound like a crazy person, and that's because I am a crazy person.  In the past, I've had issues with a sensitive stomach.  I just don't have time to worry about whether or not I'm going to feel good after or a new meal or not, so I go with what works. I seriously can't imagine my life without Trader Joe's. Most of this stuff I've bragged on before, but they're still my go-to items.

The Basics:
1. Trader Joe's Sprouted 7-grain bread.  I eat this every. single. day. with peanut butter on my way to work.
2. Jif Reduced-Fat Peanut Butter.
3. Fruit and Veggies.
4. Trader Joe's Sesame Honey Almonds.  Being a teacher, it's hard to find time to eat during the day.  I keep these stashed in my desk and grab a handful when I'm starting to get hungry. Yum!
5. Cilantro and Jalapeno Hummus.  This is my lunch staple because its just so dang easy.  I stash my lunch bag with this, veggies and crackers and I'm good for the week.
6. Trader Joe's Fiberful Fruit Leather.  I keep these in my purse to try to keep my from grabbing something nasty when I'm in desperate need for food.  I've also used these as fuel during my long runs.
7. Trader Joe's Chicken Sausage.  This comes in about 400 flavors.  Although I haven't tried them all, I haven't tried one I didn't like.  Cook this up with pasta or rice and veggies and its the quickest most simple and delicious dinner eva.
8. Trader Joe's Spinach and Kale Greek Yogurt Dip. Afternoon snack.
9. Trader Joe's Veggie and Flaxseed Tortilla Chips.  The vessel for said dip.
10. Blue Bunny Frozen Yogurt- Vanilla Bean.  Eaten with mini-chocolate chips.

Obviously, these are not the ONLY things I eat.  Pizza? Love.  Beer and wine? Yes and yes. And what else is in my desk at work? Hershey's kisses.  Cookies and creme, candy cane, AND dark chocolate.  My vice, obv.

What can't you live without in your grocery bag?
-m

3 comments:

  1. Well, this is a fun list. I always get overwhelmed at TJs, I might just write down a few of these :) Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with Cilantro and Jalepeno Hummus and Spinach & Kale dip. Loveeeeee them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love the chicken sausage! So versatile!

    ReplyDelete