Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fresh Market.

(Tuesday, September 24:) Review a book, place, or product.

Last Friday, I had a few minutes to spare so I ran into the new Fresh Market in Kansas City.  A friend had told me that it was like a mix between Dean and Deluca and Whole Foods.  I'd say that's pretty close. 

This is definitely an upscale grocery experience, where everything is, you guessed it, FRESH! Everything looked delicious.  There was an entire section of fresh produce, a huge deli counter, cheese selection, salad bar, olive bar, and many prepared dishes such as pizzas, sandwiches, and salads to go.  I ordered a 1/2 pound of their greek artichoke salad to go, and it was filled with olives, onions, tomatoes, and artichokes.

One of my favorite stations was the old-fashioned candy aisle.  Not only did everything look delicious, but it was also organized and displayed so neatly.  You could buy these items by the pound, so I was able to just pick out a couple of things that I wanted to try for a reasonable cost.

Another great station was the dried fruit/veggie/snack mix/nuts section, where again you could buy by the pound.  You can also sample anything you want before purchasing, so I tried some dried okra (it was actually really good, and they told me it was a top seller), some dried star fruit and dried green beans.  I walked away with a small bag of dried apples with cinnamon.  

I didn't spend much time in the refrigerated section or the coffee station, but I hope to look more into those next time I stop by.  I don't plan to go once a week or anything, but it will be on my list of places to visit when I need something special or sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment