Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Move it Monday.

So grateful for a 4-day weekend, but oh so exhausted!  We have spent the past two days moving (no where new yet, but more on that to come) and with parent-teacher conferences this week, it's been quite busy around here.  Luckily, I did manage to fit in a few workouts here and there before today as now I have a little cold settling in (enjoy some whine much?).

Honestly, I'm not quite sure how I'm keeping up with running.  I feel like I have been falling off my routine with random things coming up and taking up my evenings.  I've done my best to make it to the gym at least two times per week.  Bored with the treadmill, I've opted for 15 minutes on the stair stepper for a "warm-up" and ohemgee it kicks my butt.  If I'm feeling good, I'll run 2ish faster miles after that, and finish with some ab work.  It's been my go-to routine as of late because it doesn't take too much time, and it isn't boring.

Yesterday I decided to tackle a 8-9 mile outdoor run.  I was dreading this run mostly because I had convinced myself I couldn't do it, but looking forward to it all at the same time.  I NEEDED to prove to myself that I still had it.  And guess what? I survived.  Not only did I survive, but it was the best runner's high I've ever felt.  Around mile 4, I was running, breathing in the cold, thinking that this was the best moment of my whole weekend.  I only wished I could wake up and run through the cold every day.  I NEVER thought I would enjoy running. EVER. It's become a weird sort of therapy and I continue to surprise myself every time I'm able to keep going. Don't you worry, I'm not thinking that this morning.  In fact, I can't quite walk the same :)

Here are my goals for this week.
Tuesday: stairs-gym
Wednesday: ballet booty
Thursday: 3 mile run- gym
Friday: rest
Saturday: long run, 7 or 9
Sunday: rest

Enjoy your week! Linking up with Ashley. (who BTW looks AMAZEBALLS!)  Can't wait 'til her new mama-of-two-booty can get back out on the trails with me :)

-m

2 comments:

  1. GAH! I want to get running with you so bad! You're a rockstar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is ballet booty all about? There is a beginer adult ballet class at our rec center but I don't think it's going to make me sweat.

    ReplyDelete