Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Polyvore.

Hope everyone is staying warm on this snowy day!  One of the biggest perks about being a teacher is the snow days. I think I'll spend my day in my fuzzy socks, drinking coffee, playing on pinterest :)

Per request of Jenny over at Just Jenny Lynne, here's a little blurb about the fashion boards I've created from time to time.  

Let me start by saying, I don't have Photoshop.  And, I probably won't have Photoshop for a very long time. One, because my computer is on the brinks anyways and Photoshop would kill it fo sho.  Two, because I don't know how to use it very well.  Three, because I don't take many quality photos... YET (I'm working on it, Ash ;)). And finally, because it's a heckofalotta cash.

That being said, I've tried to come up with other ways to put together "boards".  The "in the bag" posts are all done on Photovisi, a free, easy-to-use site for making photo collages.  The fashion boards I've done have been made on Polyvore. Not as classy as Photoshop, but gets the job done.

Once you have an account (it's free!) on Polyvore, you can create a collage by dragging photos from their site onto your board.  They have TONS of products, shoes, jewelry, clothes, patterns, backgrounds, furniture, graphics, etc.  However, I wish there was a feature that allowed you to upload your own images (maybe there is?!), because they don't always have exactly what I'm looking for.  When you've finished your collage, called a set), and saved it on your account, you can post it to your blog pretty easily.

There is a feature that works with blogger that will post your set directly to your blog, however, I like to use the html code so that I can schedule the post and include multiple sets in one post.  When you're ready to post, click on the set, then click on Blogger.
 This window will pop up.  I always choose the blank square on the right.  I think the others just add more info about the products in your set.
From there, you can either post directly to your blog by clicking "post to blogger", or you can grab the html code at the bottom and post on your own.

 In order to post the code you have to click on HTML on the page where you create your post and simply paste it in.


Now, a request for you Miss Jenny Lynne, how do you make a Facebook Page for your blog? :)
-m

No comments:

Post a Comment