Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A then, my heart exploded.



I am so excited to finally be able to share our big news with the blog world! J and I feel so incredibly blessed to have been given this ultimate gift.

I'm starting my second trimester today, finishing my 13th week, which I guess you call 14 weeks (so confusing,). Of course I will be doing my best to document this adventure here on the blog. There are so many things to think about and plan, from the mountains of products to consider to (ahem) birthing this kiddo. I'll be sharing what I find, and mostly asking for suggestions, advice, a reality check, etc. :)


Written April 14th, 2013
how far along:  6 weeks

size of baby:  a little blueberry

maternity clothes: nope.  I did buy a couple things on clearance at Target this week though, which is making it feel more real!

symptoms:  oh man, lots of random things, luckily not all at the same time.  Two nights this week I fell asleep before 8pm.  I had a couple moments of nausea, and cramps here and there most days this week.

exercise:  A few walks and a 4 mile run on Saturday morning.  Definitely feels different that a month ago!

cravings/aversions: Nothing really.  I don’t like the smell of beer!

movement: nope.

sleep: VERY tired, but somewhat restless after 4:30am.  So sad to sleep forever and still wake up tired!

gender:  I’m 99% sure it’s a boy.  He’s really going to love the pink hats I bought at a garage sale this weekend.

looking forward to:  My next doctor’s appointment, which sadly isn’t until May 22nd! It feels like forever away.  I’m going to try to keep this a secret until after then.

worries:  Oh.Em.Gee. I need to work on being less paranoid.  I’m worried about Ev.er.y.thing. Cramps? I’ve called the nurse twice.  The food I eat? I triple check each label. We went out with friends last night to a really neat pub and I was so paranoid about second-hand smoke that I spent most of the time making an excuse to go stand in the cold.  Luckily I wasn’t alone most of the time.  But still! I’m paranoid.

milestones:  1st appointment in the books! We met our doctor for the first time and really like her.  Big relief.  I also was finally able to tell my BFF and another close friend this week, which I loved.  I have the greatest friends.

best moment this week: I really do enjoy every bit of it.  Even the yucky feelings I get sometimes.  I feel so grateful and blessed to have this precious new life to take care of now... Tear...  There are those hormones again.




No comments:

Post a Comment