Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Birchbox Favorites.

Here I go again, raving about products I love.  As I mentioned before on this blog, I'm a subscriber of Birchbox, which means for $10 I am mailed 5 samples of new products each month.  It might be the most exciting mail I get each month, and it usually contains at least a couple things that I really like.  It's been a great way to try out new products, without having to commit to the whole thing.  Also, a lot of times the sample will last a VERY long time and they are great for travel.

Below are the products over the past year or so that are my absolute favorites.  If I haven't bought a full size of each of the product below, I've definitely kept it on my mind to do so in the future.

1. Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo. This stuff lasted me about 2 months, using it about 3 times a week.  It's only $18 for a full size, and it WORKS!

2. theBalm Stainiac Lip Stain. The sample lasted me about 3-6 months, wearing it a few times a week.  I bought the full size (I think about $15) with my birchbox credit and it has lasted me another 6 months, and I'm thinking it'll be around for a while still.  It's not a lipstick, not a chapstick, but literally a lip STAIN.  It lasts all day, and it just gives a little bit of color without the goopy feeling of gloss.  I usually wear it under a more nude gloss so that I still have some color after the gloss wears off throughout the day.

3. Stila Smudge Stick waterproof eyeliner. This came as a full size in my box and lasted me more than 6 months.  You only need a TINY bit, and it lasts all day and does not smudge.  I have the purple and brown.

4. Jouer Matte Moisture Tint. I got a teeny-tiny sample of this in my box and threw it in my bag for our cruise over spring break.  I couldn't believe that I wore it all seven days were were gone.  It's great because it has SPF 20 and it literally stayed on all day long swimming in the ocean, walking waterfalls, snorkeling, etc.  I only had to use a tiny bit. A summer vacation MUST HAVE.  Full size is $30.  I haven't splurged, but I really want to.

5. Lulu Organics Jamsine Hair Powder. Basically another awesome, yummy-smelling dry shampoo, but this one is a powder, not a spray.  They accidentally gave this sample to me twice, so they gave me a $10 credit to the shop.  I was not a bit disappointed to see it in my box again.

6. Nail Polish. This is always fun to find in my box.  It lasts forever, no need for a full size.

7. Beauty Blender and Cleanser. The beauty cleanser came in my box and I used it for about 3 months to clean my make-up brushes.  It's amazing and works in about 3 seconds.  I went ahead and got the Beauty Blender from Sephora after all its hype, and it has also not disappointed.  You wet the sponge and then use it to blend in foundation.

8. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. This came in my box a long time ago, and I still haven't forgotten about it.  It's pricey full size, I think around $50.  I haven't splurged, but again, I think about it.  I used the for a LONG time.  It's a sand-like powder that you use on your wet face to exfoliate.  My face felt so smooth and clean. Love this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment