Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Dear....

Monday, September 16: Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)

I'm determined not to miss a day of this Blogtember deal, but these next few prompts are definitely pushing me out of my comfort zone.  Here goes nothing :)

Dear J,

It only seems appropriate that I write a public love letter to my husband.  Even though I tell you most often, I'm sure I don't tell you enough, I love you.

We've been through quite the year! Reflecting back on all that we've accomplished over the past 6 years of knowing you and nearly 3 years of being married to you I think of one word: proud.  

Between many moves separately, and many moves again together we've learned to roll with the punches and take life one step at a time.  I look back at the times we spent apart, when you lived nearly 5 hours away from me, and I remember thinking if only we were closer... if only the years would fly by...  I definitely don't miss being miles and miles apart, but I do know that we learned a lot from that time, and I cherish those long trips to visit you. I'm proud of all of the goals you have set for yourself and how determined you are.  

I can hardly believe we will be coming up on our 3rd wedding anniversary, but in the same breath, I can hardly believe it has only been three years.  We've grown up (a little...) and wised up (a little...) and most definitely grown closer together.  I know you better than I ever thought I could and I hope you can same the same about me.  It only makes me more excited for the years to come.

Speaking of the future, we've got ourselves a pretty exciting (near) future ahead of us. We're gonna be parents! YIKES...  I'm so proud to call you my husband and to have you as the father of our children. I hope our son inherits your sense of humor, your humble and kind spirit and most importantly, your unconditional love that your have so graciously shared with me.  I know you will be his biggest fan.  I can't wait to watch your relationship grow.  

My one and only, my greatest gift, I'm so thankful for you.  
Love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment